Man Is Paralyzed After Spending Too Much Time Playing Video Games

Daily Mail / VIX

This growing trend of men sitting for long hours and playing internet games has become a serious issue around the world. It's called video game addiction, and the stories behind these men who have become considerably ill or dead as a result of it serve as a cautionary tale.

It's estimated that 63% of U.S. households include a frequent gamer, and 47% of gamers are between 18 and 49 years old.

There have been many instances, especially in Asia, where men have died solely due to the amount of time they've spent playing internet games.

In 2011, a 20-year-old man from the United Kingdom participated in a 12-hour long Halo video game session, which left him dead after a blood clot traveled from his legs into his lungs. In 2015, a 32-year-old man was found dead in an Internet cafe in Taiwan after playing video games for three days straight.

This man who suddenly turned paralyzed may have received a better fate than the others, but it was terrifying nonetheless...

The unnamed man lost sensation from waist down after playing video games for 20-hours straight. He was trying to go to the toilet when he realized he couldn't move his legs to get up.

The Chinese man was at an internet cafe with his friends when they had to call for an ambulance.

Reports claimed that he had played internet games nonstop, but the game he was playing was not mentioned.

That being said, King of Glory, which is a multi-player video game, is hugely popular in China. It's so popular that Chinese media call the game "internet heroin."

Signs of video game addiction include fatigue, intense migraines, eye strain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and poor hygiene.

Share this article to spread awareness about this potentially fatal addiction!

[Source: Daily Mail]