Man Says He Contracted Eye-Eating Parasite From Amusement Park Water Ride

- Page 1

Fox News/ Wikipedia

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

A Pennsylvania man is suing an amusement park after claiming that he contracted an eye-eating parasite from one of its water rides.

Last summer, Robert Trostle contracted the parasite known as microsporidia keratitis in his left eye after being splashed during a ride at Pittsburgh's Kennywood amusement park.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, parasitic microsporidia keratitis can be found in bodies of water and soil, tap water, heating, ventilating and air conditioning units, and whirlpools. Someone may get infected when the parasite enters the eye through small scrapes that can be caused by a contact lens or minor eye injuries.

Trostle and his wife were just trying to enjoy one of the most popular rides at any waterpark, and now the man wishes he thought twice before getting in contact with the dirty water.

Next Page

Related Articles